MUSCATINE, Iowa – The weather outside may be frightful but the opportunities for seasonal employment with the City of Muscatine are delightful, so sit back and review the listings today. Whether you are a student or just someone looking for seasonal work, the new year brings opportunities to join a staff dedicated to providing the best recreational opportunities and facilities for residents of and visitors to Muscatine.
The Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department is recruiting dependable, hard workers to fill 2024 seasonal positions at a variety of locations including the Muscatine Soccer Complex, Kent Stein Park, Greenwood Cemetery, Park Maintenance, Muscatine Municipal Golf Course, and the Muscatine Aquatic Center. Opportunities are also available to lead and/or assist in various recreation programs sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department.
Current seasonal opportunities include:
- Golf Course Clubhouse Supervisor ($15.00/hr): The clubhouse supervisor works in the clubhouse pro shop assisting customers with tee times, equipment rental and pro shop purchases. Good customer service skills, cash handling ability, and a basic knowledge of golf are needed. Hours will vary and may include some evenings and weekends.
- Seasonal Equipment Operator ($14.00/hr): Must be able to safely use equipment such as riding mowers, push mowers, string trimmers and other groundskeeping equipment. This position assists in mowing, groundskeeping, and maintaining the green spaces and facilities throughout the City of Muscatine parks system. Must be at least 18. Some weekend hours may be required.
- Seasonal Groundskeeper ($14.00/hr): Must be able to safely use equipment such as push mowers, string trimmers and other groundskeeping equipment. This position assists in groundskeeping and maintaining the green spaces and facilities at various park sites.
- On-Site Supervisor – Soccer ($13.00/hr): This position oversees user groups at the soccer complex. Position is responsible to assist user groups with various needs and ensure complex rules are followed. Must be able to interact professionally and courteously with members of the public, engage in some physical labor (such as emptying trash, cleaning restrooms). Excellent customer services skills and ability to work evenings is required.
- Lifeguard ($13.00/hr): Oversight of swimmers at the aquatic center. Lifeguard certification is required for this position.
- Golf Course Outside Services ($12.00/hr): This position is responsible to collect golf balls on the driving range and assist patrons with outside service needs. Hours vary.
- Golf Course Food and Beverage ($12.00/hr): This position provides customer service to patrons at the golf course concession area. Ability to provide excellent customer service, and accurately handle orders and cash is required. Must be at least 18. Hours will vary.
To apply for any of these positions complete an application on the City of Muscatine’s Career Center webpage.
Please contact the Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department at (563) 263-0241 for more information.
Full Time Opportunity with Building and Grounds
Custodian ($18.12/hr): This is manual work in performing a variety of cleaning and custodial tasks in City buildings and facilities. This position will be posted mainly at the Library. The work is routine and is performed in accordance with specific and detailed instructions or follows an established routine. The work may involve some contact with office personnel and the public, and is subject to inspection in progress and upon completion. Must reside within 30 air miles of Muscatine city limits. Must be able to pass drug screen, physical, and background check.
To apply for this position or for more information, visit the City of Muscatine’s Career Center webpage.